Saturday, June 5, 2010

The lust of the Flesh



The lust of the Flesh

Love not the world neither the things that are in the world if any man love the world the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 1st John 2: 15-16

Let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. 2nd Corinthians 7:1

There have been times in all of our lives where we have found ourselves involved in things we know were not right.

There were times when you knew and have known that fornication was wrong and not of God, that adultery was not of God, over eating was not of God, drinking alcohol or getting drunk was not of God, yet their are those of us who have known the word of God that found themselves saying, “ how did I get here and why am I in this mess?

Paul said it best, “ For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) dwells no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Romans 7: 18-19

There are three things listed in 1st John chapter 2 verse 16 and these three things are the only three ways that Satan can manipulates us.

Today we will be focusing on the lust of the flesh, Satan is the god of this world for it is written, “ But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: in whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.” 2nd Corinthians 4:3-4

If Satan is the god of this world then the ways of this world are evil.

In a world ran by Satan it is obvious that he has been programming all of us through television, radio, religion, government, and even the ignorance of our own parents, from the time we were born.

So what is the answer to defeating the lust of the flesh?

The answer is the Word of God, for it is written; “ man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.” Matthew 4:4

And the apostle Paul says that when we find ourselves doing something that we know we should not have been doing that there is an reasonable explanation, for it is written, “ I find then a law, that when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: but I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord (I will have the victory over my flesh).” Romans 7:21-25

That is right! Jesus will deliver you from the lust of the flesh for it is written, “ with man it is impossible but with God all things are possible to them that believe.” Matthew 19:26

Jesus Christ, will write His laws in our minds and in our hearts so that any time our flesh is looking to get into something that is not of God we will remember that it is wicked for it is written, “ This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, said the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; and their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.” Hebrews 10:16-17

But there is something we must do also, we must turn from that thing which our bodies desire we must flee from sin and repent for it is written, “ Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.” 2nd Timothy 2:22

We must cast our fleshly problems upon Jesus and learn of His ways, meditate on the Word of God day and night then will we have success over our flesh for it is written, “ Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest unto your souls.” Matthew 11:28-29

Our bodies demand a lot of attention they want to be fed, watered, touched, exercised, etc but the Bible says, bodily exercise profits nothing but that we are to exercise our minds, transform our minds from the ways of this wicked world’s thinking to knowing the perfect and acceptable will of God for our lives. Romans 12:2

Those of you that are homosexual, drug attics, nymphomaniacs, over eaters, workout junkies, etc whatever it is that has control of you through your flesh get away from it!

The word of God says that we are to give ourselves over to fasting and prayer, that we are not slaves to live after the flesh. 1st Corinthians 7:5

The Bible says that we do not sin until we are drawn away after our own lust and enticed.” James 1:14

Therefore let us be conscious of our flesh bodies understanding that Satan has helped us develop these fleshly needs through many years of experiences and programming.

Knowing this, we can learn to understand that it will take a strong effort and time for Jesus to deprogram us from our flesh and teach us to walk after our spirit man for it is written, “ Walk in the Spirit, and you will not fulfill the lust of the flesh (body). For the flesh (body) lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh (body): and these are contrary one to another: so that you cannot do the things that you would.” Galatians 5:16-17



Satan would have us to believe that it is normal for us to give into our fleshly desires, but God Almighty, the God of the universe says, “ it is not normal to give into our fleshly desires.”

Which of the two will you believe?

Esau sold his birth right for some food due to the weakness of his flesh.

David had a man killed over trying to cover up his need for sex with another man’s wife due to the weakness of his flesh.

Samson lost his favor and power with God over alcohol and sex due to the weakness of his flesh.

Let us learn from those that came before us, let us not repeat the mistakes of our predecessors.

God has given us the victory over our bodies; Jesus showed us the way to defeat the lust of the flesh through His Word.

Brothers and Sisters deny your flesh, learn to fast and pray that you may be found clean upon the return of our Lord and Savor Jesus Christ.

Until next time, I love you

Minister Lamar F. Porter

4/25/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment